1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I climbed a rock wall at an irish festival. Remodeled a bathroom. Bought a house.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The only one I kept was to a buy a house. So you could say, I did a great job spending money instead of making myself a better person. Ah well, at least I got really tan!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No they did not, though you would never know that from my facebooks news feed!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. Did you know anybody who got married?
Oh, yes - Let's see - Nat & Sean, Gary & Jess, and French & Kate, and of course NINA AND STEVE!
6. What places did you visit?
Bermuda! And several lame campsites, and Vermont once or twice, and Maryland, and Rehobeth!, oh, and NYC!
7. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Money in the bank, shorty whatchyou th'ank!
8. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday, as it was a lovely (albeit rainy) trip to NYC to see Mary Poppins.
9. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Toss up between buying a house and getting promoted/moving departments. Who are we kidding, buying a house totally wins!
10. What was your biggest failure?
Laying around and drinking by the pool instead of being healthier and actually accomplishing my 10-year standing goal of losing 20 pounds. THIS WILL BE THE YEAR I SWEAR!
11. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Knock on wood, I did not!
12. What was the best thing you bought?
House, duh. I think this is probably going to be the best answer to most of these question. Also, my mazda.
13. Where did most of your money go?
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The POOL that came with the house!
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising. Guitar playing.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Drinking. Spending money.
17. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve, laying on the couch watching tv. Christmas Day, at Michael's parents house.
18. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Already was and then I stayed there!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
This is a horrible question to ask me, since I watch most of them. My favorite new show of this year is probably New Girl…no, Shameless. No, Game of Thrones!
20. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games were this year I think? Oh, and The Help!
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went on a surprise trip to NYC where Michael took me to broadway to see Mary Poppins! He bought me a dress to wear beforehand and my mom was so impressed she told my brothers "Now you guys, pay attention to what Michael did here. You can learn a lot from this!"
22. What is one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
This year was pretty fab and I am wholly content
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Trying uber hard to be more trendy professional. I'm getting close!
24. Who was the best new person you met?
25. Did you move anywhere?
Yes, approximately 3 miles from where I was before. I make changes very, very slowly.
26. Have you made any new food discoveries
Hm…just new discoveries in cooking. I have developed a love of cake pop making. Also, best sausage bread ever made goes to the 2011 christmas loaves
27. What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2011?
Buy a house that HAS A POOL
28. What's something you learned about yourself?
That I have to work on the way I tell stories about things that happen to me so that people don't think I am some kind of narcisstic asshole.
29. Your best month?
All of the summer ones!
30. Goals for 2012?
This year, my life goals include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:
1. Stop using so many commas
2. Lose 20 pounds (setting this goal this seems to be a yearly ritual of mine, yet I never attain it. at least i have traditions!)
3. Start a party planning business
4. Play guitar more often
5. Do lots of fun house renovations (build a garden, add on to the back patio, repaint the kitchen and the bathroom and the upstairs and the basement. omg, thats a lot of paint. and build oodles of shelves)
6. Pay off my car
7. Save $10,000.
8. Greatly lower my credit card $ owed
9. Write a cookbook (what? I just thought of this one because I decided I needed 10 goals and not 8).
10. Run a 5k (oooohhh...hm....)