Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just random things I forgot about

It was my pop's birthday in March (it doesn't matter how late I post about it, just so long as I do), so I made him some fun cakes! He is a man who loves his construction, so the cakes were themed accordingly. The round cake was: layer of cake, layer of frosting, layer of brownie, layer of frosting, layer of cake, covered in frosting. It was a rather big hit with my dad and brothers. The hammer cake was leftover cake pop mix, so it was equally as delish.


I haven't been home for his actual birthday in probably 10 years so I was happy to be there.


 And in true sarah-loves-any-reason-to-decorate fashion, I spruced up the kitchen and told him it was a "Manly Garden Theme Party". This was immediately following my sisters bridal shower, so I had a car full of fake greenery and vases and blue YARN POMS!


For easter, I made a carrot cake. The cake itself is NOT carrot. It's apparently a weight watchers recipe - one box of yellow cake mix plus one 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. Mix, cook, eat, then eat another piece. Apparently it was as good as I thought because the ants that are overtaking our home crawled through the tupperware and annihilated the leftovers. Sigh. Guess I will just have to make another one. 

My girlfriend told me about this recipe, I believe it originally came from Skinnytaste - just to keep things on the up and up ;)


Here's my husband. "The Most Interesting Man In The World".



1 comment:

momto8 said...

your cakes are so fun and creative!!! happy birthday to your dad!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
great pics!