Monday, April 16, 2012

In which its almost summer!


I made some tasty treats recently, pretty much all of which I forgot to take pictures of. But here's two that I actually remembered to document:

Thyme & Salt Crusted Stuffed Chicken and Roasted Butter Vegetables:

Preheat Oven = 350.
Chop potatoes and veggies into a roasting pan, sprinkle with kosher salt and toss with olive oil or some butter spray (hence the 'butter vegetables part'). Add other seasonings you enjoy - this time around I threw on some fresh thyme and fresh garlic. Let the veggies sit while preparing the chicken.

Clean and slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise, leaving one side attached (i.e. don't literally cut them all the way in half, just, you know, partially in half?). Then stuff some cheese inside - I had cream cheese left over so I used that but I have also stuffed chicken with gouda, feta, goat cheese, cheddar cheese, yadda yadda yadda. Seal chicken with toothpicks. In a separate bowl toss some fresh thyme and kosher salt, roll the chicken in it, then scrape with a fork or your finger to ensure even coverage of the seasoning - who wants to take a giant bite of salt? Ew.

Pop both chicken and potatoes into the oven. Let roast for ~30 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken and potato chunks are. I savored every morsel of this dinner, it was truly a delight!

Then yesterday was sunday and was GORGEOUS and I had recently bought tons of fruit. So I decided to make a light and Sassy Summery Drink to enjoy my day with. I had already made a pitcher of fruit water that morning - lemon, apples, plums, and strawberries.

So for my lil' drink I mixed up 2 parts fruit water, 1 part vodka, 1 part sprite zero, topped with ice and some strawberry slices, then enjoyed it on my porch with a good book. Delish!




No comments: