Thursday, May 21, 2009

In which I am the goddess of web design, and make potatoes

The Intranets
I am designing a website for my department. I want to start off by saying that yesterday, after going over it with my boss, he said to me "I didn't know we had this kind of talent in our department!" It doesn't take much to make me feel proud of myself, let me tell you one thing for sure.

I am brand new to this job, and when I say brand new I mean like 8 months. So I had originally started with this website idea in January, and after sharing it with all my bosses they were like "We always wanted one!" to which I was then like "OK, cool." Thats not exactly what happened, but almost. Then, I discovered that I had to use an internal web design program to make this website. Figuring this program out took me the better part of two months. Mostly because I got incredibly frustrated and slacked off trying to understand it. (Sort of like algebra in 7th grade.) But then, one day, something clicked and I knew how to use it! (Which, by the way, is exactly not what happened with algebra in 7th grade).

All this to say, my director and I decided that Company Rollout will be June 15th. He is speaking at some big important meeting with a bunch of important people at some point and is going to show it off there. It's pretty exciting to me, I feel like I am finally finding my niche in the office. I would post this website for the world to see but its an internal website...so I will just have to brag about it and hope that everyone believes when I say I am the goddess of web design.


The secret of greatness is simple: do better work than any other man in your field - and keep on doing it. - Wilfred A Peterson

No comments: